KDE 4.4 Qt version

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jan 13 22:02:41 GMT 2010

On 13.01.10 21:11:01, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 January 2010, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 13.01.10 20:30:11, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > Ok, so we don't want to discourage (read: keep) anybody from building KDE
> > > against Qt 4.6.0 ?
> >
> > Right, we just want to discourage running against that version without
>
> How ?

By publishing the information that Qt4.6.0 has a bug which will make all
apps crash at logout unless people use a recent version of KDE 4.4. Once
rc2 or the final release is out, nobody should be using rc1 anymore, so
it'll all be fine.

> Really a run-time check as David suggested ?

Thats not feasible as was already pointed out.

Can we end this now? This problem has already been solved by comitting a
workaround yesterday. Its really moot to further discuss this - IMHO.

Andreas

--
Do not overtax your powers.