KDE 4.4 Qt version

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jan 12 18:39:00 GMT 2010

On January 12, 2010, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> What's a release worth if it crashes all the time...

didn't you hear? if we hit our deadline we all get a 10% scheduling bonus on
our pay! oh .. wait a minute. ;)

seriously though, i completely agree with this. putting our trust in
downstreams (both individuals as well as distros of various sizes) to do the
right thing when we have knowledge that we can with them to ensure they do the
right thing would be downright silly. we could think of it in terms of
protecting the value of KDE or doing best by our users or ensuring we don't
get screwed by people who don't know or wish not to. any way one wishes to
look at it, making sure such crashes due to upstream dependencies don't make
it out into the wild makes all the sense in the world.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se