[RFC] ignore white space changes in commit mails

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sun Jan 10 19:31:37 GMT 2010

On Sunday 10 January 2010 13:59:36 André Wöbbeking wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as more and more developers are removing trailing white spaces
> automatically many commit mails are cluttered by these changes. Please
> ignore them in commit mails.

Perhaps we could automatically SVN_SILENT these changes but I would not strip
them out entirely, there's a risk that if we mess up the implementation of
that feature that someone could slip something malicious into a "whitespace-
only" change (no I don't have an example, merely paranoia ;)

> pros:
> - as the real change becomes more "visible" it's easier to review

This is a good reason to make the change, but perhaps we should make the
improvement in e.g. Kompare instead of the commit mails?

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne