PATCH: kdebase/kioslave/man/man2html.cpp

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Thu Jan 7 16:39:35 GMT 2010

On Thursday 07 January 2010 10:32:44 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Em Quinta-feira 07 Janeiro 2010, às 14:47:02, Michael Pyne escreveu:
> > On Thursday 07 January 2010 03:57:56 Dawit A. wrote:
> > > The attached one liner patch allows links within a manpage to correctly
> > > resolve when using QtWebKit. Any objections to it being committed ?
> > >
> > > Note that this does not break anything when using khtml since it is not
> > > as strict when it comes to this things and works fine either way...
> >
> > The patch looks OK to me although I will say that I'm not sure exactly of
> > URI specification and so I don't know whether man:foo or man:/foo is the
> > more- correct abuse of URIs. ;)
> >
> > (For those wondering, the patch simply converts man:foo links to other
> > man pages to man:/foo)
>
> Both URIs are correct, but they are not the same thing.
>
> The difference is of whether the path is relative or not. If you're on
> info:/libc/bar.html and you get a link to man:foo.html, the resolution will
> cause it to become man:/libc/foo.html.

Right. This is exactly the issue in QtWebKit or is it QUrl ?? Anyway, it
treats "man:blah" as a relative url when resolving it against a base url
"man:/path/document" when it should not. That simply contradicts what section
3.1 of RFC 2396 states and I quote:

"Relative URI references are distinguished from absolute URI in that
they do not begin with a scheme name."