kmix PulseAudio support

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Wed Jan 6 23:59:17 GMT 2010

On Wednesday 06 January 2010 17:09:17 Christian Esken wrote:
> > > sprint multimedia will be a ground zero point to new mixer interface
> > > and
>
> What exactly do you mean with "new"?!?
>
> You guys get me quite confused in this mail thread. Please do not say "it
>  is bad" or "lets change things" without indicating what you mean.

Moin Christian

I think is time to separate backends and frontend
Our interface is too old.
Our backends in other way are pure beauty.
So, in the sprint multimedia i will try to raise the bar and make the current
visual part go away, make backends controlable by some callback system ( of
course dbus ) then free kmix to have ideas for new interfaces, and even
mutable interfaces for different devices.

Is a bold idea, but it's time to do now.

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
South America and Brazil Primary Contact