Rekonq default

Fredrik Höglund fredrik at kde.org
Wed Feb 24 00:13:06 GMT 2010

On Saturday 20 February 2010, Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> 2. rendering engine
> rekonq is using webkit which renders modern websites better than khtml. webkit
> is moving forward really fast at the moment. It is in fact the leading
> rendering engine if you look at HTML5 compliance or speed. We should benefit
> from that.

Frank, here's a composite screenshot that shows how KHTML, three WebKit
browsers and Firefox render a test page that uses some of the new
HTML5/CSS3 features:

http://ktown.kde.org/~fredrik/browsercomposite.png

How would you say KHTML stacks up against these other browser engines when
it comes to standards compliance, feature completeness and overrall rendering
quality?

I've attached the page to this email in case you want to compare the results
yourself.

Regards,
Fredrik