Rekonq default

Dawit A adawit at kde.org
Sat Feb 20 17:39:48 GMT 2010

On Saturday 20 February 2010 11:10:46 Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
> > AFAICS rekonq is not using KIO and therefore no KDE settings.
> > Currently the performance of kio_http is pretty good, too.
>
> Hey, what would a good browser be without the recent Content-Disposition
> improvements ;)
>
> Anyway: take rekonq to http://greenbytes.de/tech/tc2231/ and show some
> results ;)

Known problem. It will not work unless I find a workaround for it in
kdewebkit. The problem actually has nothing to do with not supporting
"content-disposition", but rather one of finding a way to prevent qtwebkit
from rendering a page which comes back with that directive.

Anyhow, it is things like this and the lack of java support amongst other
things that should halt this discussion about making it the default. It is not
time yet for that discussion!!