kdirwatch has problem to detect hard link change

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Feb 19 07:55:12 GMT 2010

On Thursday 18 February 2010, David Faure wrote:
> With this information, do you think you (or David Jarvie) can fix
> the kcm so that it watches the directory instead of (or in addition to)
> the  file itself?

Ignore that. I had forgotten that kdirwatch has builtin support
for watching for non-existent files. I'll fix it so that it adds a watch
on the file after the file gets deleted, so that it can be told about
it being recreated. Then the kcm will need no change, and I'll still
be able to get rid of the crashing code :)