Dependencies on Solid::Control

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Feb 15 08:14:55 GMT 2010

On Monday 15 February 2010 03:51:28 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On February 14, 2010, David Hubner wrote:
> > Opps got that the wrong way around, KInfoCenter is in Kdebase and
> > Solid::Control is in kdebase-workspace.
>
> hm. i wonder why KInfoCenter is in apps, but Setting Settings is in
> workspace. because another solution would be to move KInfoCenter into
> kdebase-workspace. and another solution yet would be to put the kcm's that
> would use Solid::Control into kdebase-workspace.

Indeed I find kinfocenter in kdebase-apps kind of surprising. It's in my
opinion a good candidate for kdebase-workspace.

> i don't think Solid::Control is API-ready (or subject appropriate, even?)
> for kdelibs;

Yes, Solid::Control is meant to be used only by those workspace apps
(powerdevil, network manager, etc.) not general usage apps (image viewers, IRC
clients, etc.). That's why it sits in kdebase-workspace.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net