Permission to backport Content-Disposition fixes to 4.4

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Sat Feb 13 11:09:58 GMT 2010

Hi all,

I would like to backport a bunch of fixes from trunk to 4.4.1 that touch the
parsing of Content-Disposition HTTP headers.

The first two commits are clear bugfixes with very few possible side impacts:
-r1072231: make checking for Content-Disposition type and parameter names case
insensitive
-r1073825: all Content-Disposition types but "inline" or nothing should leas
to "Save as..."

Additionally I would also backport some patches that improve the Content-
Disposition parsing to be the best implementation around (see http://der-
dakon.net/blog/KDE/konqueror-kicking-ass-again.html )

These are:
r1072275
r1074294
r1075330
r1075636
r1075742
r1075763

While the first one is functionally basically a noop as it just moves code
around the second one actually removes a feature: RfC2047 decoding of Content-
Disposition arguments (which is explicitely illegal to happen according to
exactly that RfC). The next patch again has no user-visible impact (it only
passes additional values down the stack which will later be simply ignored)
but then code is added to fully support continuations and encodings in those
headers. Stopping after each commit is possible as they are all self-contained
and leave a fully working parser with no regressions behind.

These changes come together with a test suite that makes sure not to break
those stuff again. Since this has went into trunk I have not received any
complaints about broken stuff.

Greetings,

Eike