Finding shortcut

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Wed Feb 3 12:58:29 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 02 February 2010 21:54:31 Michael Jansen wrote:
> On Monday 01 February 2010 03:38:08 John Tapsell wrote:
> > In System Activity (aka ksysguard)  you can select a process and press
> > the "Kill" button to kill that process.
> > I would like the tooltip to say "You can target a window to kill at
> > any time by pressing ctrl+alt+esc".
> [...]
> If both parts of code are more or less considered part of the same program
>  i would propose the kaction hack. But i guess ksysguard and kwin cannot be
>  considered the same app or evgen tightly coupled.

Right, my second thought also was "but what if the user does not run kwin at
all?".  OTOH, KGlobalAccel should know about that (and return an empty query
result), so that could work.

And it *does* provide useful information to the user.  I am not sure whether a
tooltip on that button is the "right" way to do that, but I think without such
innovative ideas it is hard to increase usability of a desktop environment at
some point.

I'd say let's make this work, in a not too hackish way.

My 2 cents,
  Hans