[KDE Usability] Review Request: Add "Open File Manager" action to KFileDialog toolbar

Diego Moya turingt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 09:53:52 GMT 2010

On 3 February 2010 01:29, David Faure wrote:
> Looks good. A menu item is exactly what I had in mind. I can't remember where, but I'm sure I have seen this in at least one other file dialog before.

MS Windows Open dialog has this as an option in the context menu for
folders. It's a pain. In order to explore the current folder, you have
- go up one level
- find the desired folder between all files in the parent folder, and
right-click it
- select the Explore action

At least if the action is for the default context menu (and not only
for files or folders) it will be only two clicks away, without any
search involved.