Review Request: Disable logout sound

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 03:23:54 GMT 2010

On January 31, 2010 16:25:23 Nuno Pinheiro wrote:
> On Sunday, 31 de January de 2010 21:35:43 Christoph Feck wrote:
> > The problem is that KDE *waits* until the logout sound is played. It
> > should just fire a command that exits itself when finished playing
> > (aplay?). Of course the Linux sound stack is so awkward that this is
> > just a dream...
> >
> > Disabling logout sound is no solution.
>
> +1

+1 again.
if we can't make a non-blocking sound, can we have a very short sound? :) on
my computer it takes ages for all the apps to close themselves and save
session stuff anyways.

as for sound effects in general.. well...

sound effects I need:
-low battery
-power plugged in/out
-konsole bell

sound effects I don't need but really like:
-login/logout

sound effects I don't care about:
-switching desktops (is that even on any more?)

sound effects I actively dislike:
-there's a bell (and a notification) when I manually change the power profile,
in order to tell me that I changed the power profile.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com