About remove nfs filesharing support

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Dec 28 15:30:39 GMT 2010

On Tuesday, 2010-12-28, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 December 2010 12:56:01 Rodrigo Belém wrote:

> > > Well, we should not remove any feature imho, but maybe we can improve
> > > it.
> > >
> > > If the code needs root maybe we can port the current code to KAuth so
> > > we have a modern way of doing it.
> >
> > I think remove features is not very good too, but worth keep nfs
> > support and update it? Users really uses this feature?
>
> Does that mean making KDE completely oblivious to NFS at all?

I think the main idea of this thread is to agree to a change without knowing
what it exactly changes.

Unfortunately we don't have any of the following things at our disposal:

- web based system for reviewing patches (you know like a reviewboard)
- messaging system with attachment capabilities (you know like email)
- remote file access based ion some universal addressing scheme (you know like
HTTP)

Since, as we already have established, have neither at our disposal I suggest
we jsut go ahead and blindly argue about scope, necessity and any other
details people can come up with.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring