Uses of libkok

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Dec 21 21:11:04 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 21 December 2010, tien dh wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm developing an app by QT on meego so that it can open office files.
> I want to use API of libkok and I have downloaded libkok rpm file to
> install, but I don't know how to use this lib. For example, if i want
> to open .doc file, which classes should be used, and which header file
> I have include? Is there any reference for this lib?
> I'm looking forward to hearing the answer from you :)

Hi Tien,

There are two parts: libkok and the koffice/calligra libraries. We don't really recommend writing a new application against just libkok since that is a temporary solution and should be replaced by proper kdelibs mobile profile (those are already being packaged).

However, it seems you are actually wanting to write an app that uses the koffice/calligra libraries as well. There isn't really good documentation for it, but the best example to study is FreOffice (soon to be named Calligra Mobile). You can get the source code from https://projects.kde.org/projects/calligra.

Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org