Question on Qt animation framework

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo at oxygen-icons.org
Sat Aug 28 02:11:27 BST 2010

Hi all,
I have a technical question concerning animations.
All over the place in oxygen QPropertyAnimations trigger updates of widgets
with a slot/signal call a la:

connect(
  animation, SIGNAL( valueChanged( const QVariant& ) ),
  widget, SLOT( update( void ) ) );

Now, I also added:

connect(
	animation, SIGNAL( finished( void ) ),
	widget, SLOT( update( void ) ) );

The question is: does anyone know whether the second call necessary or
superfluous, or in otherr words, when an animation runs, is it certified that it
will always call a valueChanged signal with its endValue() before finishing.

I guess I can test it, but in case anyone knows that on top of his/her mind,
that would spare me some nasty QDebug

Thanks in advance,

Hugo