migrating KDE's main modules to git

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Aug 24 17:05:14 BST 2010

On Tuesday, August 24, 2010, Tom Albers wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 18:06:02 -0700, "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo at kde.org>

> In other words, I don't think there will be a delay in the schedule at
> this point.

that's terrific news.

> I hope this discussion will be done objectively and with renewed eyes from
> everyone, iow, don't hold firmly to the previous positions you have taken,
> but be open to look at, and consider, alternatives and work productively to
> the solution that is best for KDE.

agreed; the big difference this time is that we really need to both find and
then hold onto consensus. we can not afford to repeat this particular process
again as doing so prevents us from completing the process.

> > document will be delivered so that we can track its progress along with
> > all
> > the other bits that are flying about? It's not so important if it takes
> > one
> > week or three weeks, we just need (and deserve!) to know when to expect
> > this
> > guidance so we can start crafting migration rules that follow this.
>
> The people behind the sysadmin team will bring out the advise somewhere in
> the next 2 weeks. We'll do our best to do it asap.

2 weeks would be terrific.

once this document has arrived, if the scm list could provide a similar time
commitment for their decision making that would be most helpful to the rest of
us who are planning things that depend on the outcome.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se