error reporting in kcm_keyboard and kded_keyboard

Andriy Rysin arysin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 01:39:38 BST 2010

Keyboard module has to handle gracefully (without crashing) the situation
when something is missing for its work (e.g. evdev.xml rules file can't be
found).
We need this in both kcm UI and when keyboard kded daemon starts. BTW in kcm
UI such errors disable only part of the functionality (mainly 2nd and 3rd
tabs) while hardware tab can still work so I was thinking of something like
this screenshot (
http://dict.linux.org.ua/other/showing_error_in_kcm_keyboard.png). But may
be there's better/common way to do it.

For kded I guess it could be KNotification but I haven't looked at it close
yet.

The question is what's the best/common way to do both error notifications.

Thanks,
Andriy