May I add short oneliner patch to 4.5 branch to install forward include header?

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Mon Aug 9 12:36:16 BST 2010

On Saturday 07 August 2010 02:24:16 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On August 6, 2010, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Side comment: shouldn't all of this (the includes and the installation
> > rules) be auto-generated?
>
> they should, but as you pointe out they aren't. the result is exctly what
> one would expect from a manual process: frequent ommissions, occassional
>  breakage.
>
> would be a nice little project for someone to work on :)

Indeed. At least the install part is done automatically in kdepimlibs/includes
already, with the downside that it only picks up new headers after a CMake
re-run, but still much nicer than the explicit list IMHO. It also has a test
that makes sure all headers compile with strict flags (QT_NO_CAST_FROM_ASCII,
etc), might be interesting for kdelibs as well.

regards
Volker