New dependency for kdelibs and kdebase: dbusmenu-qt

Martin T. Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Wed Apr 28 23:10:08 BST 2010

On Wednesday 28. April 2010 13.25.39 Matthieu Gallien wrote:
> You need it in order to export and import the contextual menu of status
> notifier item. This allows the systemtray applet to locally render the menu
> instead of asking the application to display the menu at a given position.
> This way, no matter what toolkit the application is using the menu is
> rendered by the workspace in a consistent manner.

I'm sorry if I sound a bit whiny or bitchy, but this sounds like a really tiny
use-case with a minimal improvement, requiring a completely separate library
with 983 lines of code (according to sloccount, excluding the code for tools
and tests and excluding the 319 lines of xml for the dbus interface).

But I guess done is done.

--
Martin T. Sandsmark