Freespacenotifier KDED module in kdereview

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sat Apr 24 03:00:32 BST 2010

On Friday, April 23, 2010 16:10:37 Ivo Anjo wrote:
> Hello.
>
> This module sits quietly on the background and pops up a notification
> if you are running out of space on your /home partition, giving you
> the option to postpone the warning, open a file manager, or change the
> configuration. The only configuration options are disabling it and
> changing the threshold of when it pops up the notification.

Now with the understanding that I haven't so much as looked at this, something
that does this type of thing (monitoring free space on a partition) would be
very useful for /var/tmp as well, since filling up the /var/tmp partition
apparently plays very poorly with KPixmapCache (the obvious code paths I look
at in KPixmapCache do check for proper file open and resize results, so I have
no quick fix for that).

So, it would be nice if this could be easily extended to checking other
partitions (even if it's just a command line or kconfig option with no GUI).

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne