qt-copy (or kde-qt) patches cleanup

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Wed Sep 30 23:44:59 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 12:13:51AM +0200, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> No, it's not a hack, it is giving more context where it is needed, are you
> sure a translator is going to know how the heck to translate "+"? or "Shift"?

i don't doubt the need for more context, but it should be added the way
we (well, i) envisioned it.

> > this point is nowadays kinda ... pointless. :D
>
> Again you show how much you fail to understand translators, our translators
> *KNOW* how to work with .po files and have no idea how to work with .ts files.

hmmm.

~/qt/tranlations > lconvert qt_es.ts qt_es.po
~/qt/tranlations > $ts_illiterate_app qt_es.po
~/qt/tranlations > lconvert -locations relative qt_es.po qt_es.ts    # -locations is 4.6 syntax

now, that was hard. ;)

> > but individual teams might very well agree to sign over their souls ...
> > errm ... whatever. :D
>
> Right, that still doesn't help KDE, we need to keep providing our own
> translations until Qt provides a bigger number of translations.

well, yeah

> > and anyway - you know where to find me. :)
>
> Yeah i do, just no idea what i should be talking about to you :D

the idea would be actively encouraging The KDE Translators to contribute
upstream, despite the legal bullshit. :)
i requested the creation of a qt-i18n at trolltech.com list to which we
could actually invite people. i'm sure we'll get it within a year. :}