Fwd: [Qt4-preview-feedback] Invitation to join the Qt 4.6 Beta Program

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Sep 30 16:16:23 BST 2009

Subject: [Qt4-preview-feedback] Invitation to join the Qt 4.6 Beta Program
Date: Quarta-feira 30 Setembro 2009, 16:47:07
From: ext Volker Hilsheimer <unwatched at gmx.net>
Para: "qt4-preview-feedback at trolltech.com" <qt4-preview-
feedback at trolltech.com>

Hi!

We are preparing the release of the Qt 4.6 Beta, and during the Beta phase
of Qt 4.6 we would like to ask the community of Qt users for feedback
regarding the stability, performance and overall quality of our designs,
APIs and implementations.

In addition to asking for feedback through the regular channels we would
like to make sure that as many Qt users as possible have performed a few
specific tasks during the Beta phase to help us understand the most
important issues that we need to address before the launch of Qt 4.6 later
this year. We would like to invite you to sign up to the Qt 4.6 Beta
Program by completing this very short sign-up form - it should only take a
few minutes:

  http://survey.confirmit.com/wix1/p995540662.aspx

If you sign up to the Qt 4.6 Beta Program, then we will during the next
month ask you to complete two surveys that ask for your impression of the
quality of Qt 4.6. Those surveys will not take very long to complete, but
you should of course be able to set some time aside to test the Qt 4.6
Beta release. This release is expected to become available within the
first weeks of October, and will be announced on the usual mailinglists.

It is of course not necessary to sign up to the Beta program in order to
get access to the Qt 4.6 Beta packages, and our regular feedback channel
will continue to be open for everybody:

  http://lists.trolltech.com/qt4-preview-feedback/

However, through the Beta Program we hope to understand better how much Qt
4.6 has been tried and tested.

We hope you will enjoy experimenting with the Qt 4.6 pre-releases and are
looking forward to your feedback!

  http://qt.nokia.com/doc/4.6-snapshot/qt4-6-intro.html

On behalf of the Qt Team,
Volker Hilsheimer

--
Qt Developer Days 2009 | Last Chance to Register!
Munich, Germany: October 12th - 14th