Qt 4.6 Dependency Trunk & Change in release schedule

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sun Sep 27 21:42:39 BST 2009

On Sunday 27 September 2009 16:06:06 Tom Albers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The release team has decided that KDE 4.4.0 will depend on Qt 4.6. To give
>  developers the time to work with Qt 4.6, we have decided that from
>  Saturday October 10th* trunk will start depending on Qt 4.6. Everyone need
>  to update the coming two weeks to that version of Qt. Thiago recommends to
>  use the following git repository:
>
> if you want to help Qt development and fix the issues found before the
>  4.6.0 release, the unpatched branch is recommended: � �
>  qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt branch 4.6-stable
>
> if you want to do KDE development, the 4.6-stable-patched would be
>  recommended, � This contains the kde patches and will trail behind
>  4.6-stable, so you may need to merge 4.6-stable yourself if you need the
>  latest fixes: � � qt.gitorious.org/qt/kde-qt branch 4.6-stable-patched

kdesvn-build trunk can build either one as well.  You will need to delete your
qt-copy source directory first.

module qt-copy
  configure-flags ...
  branch 4.6-stable-patched
  repository git://qt.gitorious.org/+kde-developers/qt/kde-qt.git
end module

To be clear, I think Tom meant "git://qt.gitorious.org/+kde-developers/qt/kde-
qt.git" for 4.6-stable-patched as I cannot find it on the official Qt repo.

Running kdesvn-build qt-copy should then clone the git repo and build it as
normal.  I haven't had time to test it in awhile, please let me know if
there's issues.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne