Fwd: [CMake] CMake 2.8.0 RC 1 ready for testing!

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat Sep 26 08:16:19 BST 2009

Hi,

below you can find the announcement of CMake 2.8.0 RC1.
To make sure it doesn't have any bugs which affect KDE, please give it a good
try.

If you find problems, please report them to ideally to cmake at cmake.org or to
kde-buildsystem at kde.org.

What does the new release bring ?
Major improvements in ctest (parallel testing, support for Mercurial, git,
Bazaar), faster dependency scanning when using makefiles, support for Visual
Studio 10, improved support for Eclipse and much more.
It should be fully backwards compatible.
For details see below.

Alex

P.S. I'm not aware of any issues, so there shouldn't be much risk in trying
this out