Plans for revamping Kiosk and KAuthorized

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 20:11:20 BST 2009

On Wednesday 23 September 2009 20:37:24 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:>
> let's not make things more confusing than necessary here. Dario is talking
> about action, control panel and URL authorizations here. locking down user
> data is not relevant to this discussion.
>
> what is relevant are these groups in config files:
>
> [KDE Resource Restrictions]
> [KDE Action Restrictions]

Yes, and we should probably start by doing this. I'll document myself further
(thanks David :) ) and integrating some of the things you already said here,
and be back with a small pdf with the detailed plan on the list as soon as
possible (allow me 1-2 weeks) to have a precise and concrete design pattern. I
can't guarantee we'll have the complete system ready by 4.4 (also because I
want kiosktool to be 100% in parity with its current status before pushing any
change to KAuthorized), but for 4.5 is surely a reasonable target

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer
GPG Key Signature: 511A9A3B