kWarning() broken!

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Sep 18 22:01:53 BST 2009

On Friday 18 September 2009, David Faure wrote:
> The question is whether kDebug should work when the _app_ itself is
> compiled in release mode.

The answer was in maelcum's commit r916186, and I agree with it:
when the app is in release mode, kDebug should default to off but it
should be possible to enable it in kdebugdialog.

I implemented that now (r1025460). Seems to work, feel free to test
and prove me wrong :-)

(Note that since this is about the _default_ value when reading kdebugrc,
any existing settings in kdebugrc will of course have priority).

But all the above discussion is about kDebug. kWarning should always
appear, no matter how you compile stuff.