KNotificationItem specification - first draft

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Fri Sep 18 21:33:24 BST 2009

On Friday 18 September 2009 15:44:31 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> > > what sort of complex tooltip?
> >
> > A tooltip with a description of the track and the cover art.  The cover
> > art itself may be embedded in the music and not a separate file so it
> > would be best to have a way to provide the image data directly instead of
> > requiring
>
> such as: void KNotificatonIte::setToolTip(const QPixmap &icon, const
>  QString &title, const QString &subTitle); ?

It even almost works.  It doesn't support the (Qt extension) <nobr>, I'm in
the process of testing s/ / / but ugh.

> realize that there may be no icon and no side. the tray can now just as
>  easily be spoken audio as it is visual elements, for instance.

For now the popup just always pops up in the same corner, which I think most
people won't even notice the difference (unless they have their system tray in
weird positions).  Of course if you have a fancy no-system-tray then you'll
probably think it looks much better this way! ;)

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne