KICONLOADER_CHECKS still necessary?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Sep 17 23:26:16 BST 2009

On Thursday 17 September 2009, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 September 2009, David Faure wrote:
> > Guess why this code exists? Because we were never able to find a
> >  reproduceable way to trigger #68528. This is a sentinel so that we get
> >  information in the case where the corruption happens.
> >
> > Hopefully KICONLOADER_CHECKS is only enabled in debug mode anyway?
>
> There is no conditional for that. And it runs in the kde I got from the
> opensuse repositories.

I had a look and in fact the stuff for keeping track was still in place,
but not the actual use of it ;-)
kde3's KIconFactory::createPixmap() was the code using this collected
data, but it's gone in kde4 ;-)

... and #68528 didn't happen again in kde4, anyway.

Code cleaned up, thanks for bringing this up.