KNotificationItem specification - first draft

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Thu Sep 17 23:21:35 BST 2009

On Thursday 17 September 2009 10:17:50 Marco Martin wrote:
> just to keep things updated..
> i've put the requirement of images in network byte order in the current rev
>  of the spec and updated our implementation accordingly

Have you seen my feedback on the KDE implementation that I posted on Tuesday?
There was a question as to whether it would be possible to query for the
position of the system tray icon for applications that want to create popups
near the system tray.  Normally the (x,y) is provided to the application when
a signal where it is needed is emitted (i.e. activate or contextMenu) but it
may be useful for the application to know this (or an approximation) before a
signal is ever generated by the user.  For instance, in the event of a complex
tooltip (the spec's Markup section notes that complex tooltips may need to be
application-generated)

If this is going to be too complex to work in at this point I can certainly
workaround it in the application I'm worried about, but it would be nice to
have.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne