Fwd: Re: Review Request: Add thubnail support for Microsoft Windows executables and images

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 17 18:21:20 BST 2009

Pali Rohár wrote:
> I create new patch, which extract icon with max width (from param
> width). It doesn't extract bigger icon, if smaller then max width is
> available. If all icons will be bigger, it extract first. Is this
> patch ok?

Okay, I actually look at the patch this time :-). Except for
IcoUtils::convertIcoToPng (which I don't claim to understand) the other
changes look pretty obvious and okay. As mentioned in PM, I would still
use 'desiredWidth' instead of 'maxWidth', and pick maybe the closest to
the desired size, e.g. if you ask for 22x22 and have 24x24, that is
better than 16x16.

Anyone know how KDE handles icon loading w.r.t. choosing the best size?

--
Matthew
Sorry, but I can't look into that right now. I'm running low on