sidebar history in konqueror

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Sep 17 10:20:41 BST 2009

On Wednesday 16 September 2009 23:10:00 David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 14 September 2009, Martin Koller wrote:
> > What immediately jumped to my head was the idea of having the history
> >  simply  as a new tab inside konqueror.
>
> I like the idea.
>
> ... which shows why the rewrite was a good idea: it should be easy now to
> make it a tab, while it was completely impossible previously (it was too
> tied to the sidebar framework).

I noticed yesterday that firefox offers both modes, a sidebar (Ctrl-H) *and* a
separate window (Ctrl-Shift-H).  The latter makes it easy to e.g. remove
entries from the history selectively (select + del), while the former is more
simple and convenient for the common case of quickly browsing the history.

Although a history in a tab can be placed alongside the main browsing tab, I
think a sidebar history is more user-friendly for the latter use case.

Have a nice day,
  Hans