Request to change signature of a KUrl method

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Sep 16 22:22:58 BST 2009

On Wednesday 16 September 2009, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> Ramon Zarazua wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I have been working with KUrls frequently, and often I Need to clean the
> > path of a URL before passing it in as an argument into a function. I am
> > just suggesting having cleanPath return a reference to itself, to allow
> > chaining, and avoid having to create temporaries to call the function.
>
> I suggest introducing a "KUrl::cleanedPath(const CleanPathOption&
> options) const" method which would not alter the current url and return
> a cleaned version. This is BC and quite consistent with other Qt API
> (example, QRect::adjust() and QRect::adjusted())

Except that the name "cleanedPath" would make one think that this method
returns a path.... not a url.

I don't really see the problem with having to call cleanPath on a separate
line. It's a rather expensive method, too, so "I have to call it everywhere"
sounds a bit wrong anyway ;)
Plus, you can always make a wrapper function...