Review Request: Add thubnail support for Microsoft Windows executables and images

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Tue Sep 15 10:31:10 BST 2009

On Tuesday 15 September 2009 07:53:28 you wrote:
> For security reasons, did we finally decide to only show the icon for
> .desktop if the desktop file is executable ?  If so, shouldn't we do
> the same for .exe files?

I'd have thought it would be more sensible to make sure we only run .exe files
if they are marked executable.  That way, whether we show the icon or not
doesn't matter, and they behave the same way as scripts and normal binary
files (well, scripts in particular, since exe files run under WINE on UNIX
systems).

Although, of course, we have to do something different on Windows...

Alex

--
Why have I got six monitors?  Because I haven't got room for eight.
  -- Terry Pratchett