Request to change signature of a KUrl method

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Sep 14 19:27:30 BST 2009

On 14.09.09 19:36:47, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dilluns, 14 de setembre de 2009, Ramon Zarazua va escriure:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I have been working with KUrls frequently, and often I Need to clean the
> >  path of a URL before passing it in as an argument into a function. I am
> >  just suggesting having cleanPath return a reference to itself, to allow
> >  chaining, and avoid having to create temporaries to call the function.
>
> No.

Right, but...

> http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Binary_Compatibility_Issues_With_C++

That page doesn't say _anything_ about changing the return type of
functions. And from a pure name-mangling-perspective it won't make a
difference on GCC as it doesn't include the return type in the mangled
name. (as far as I understood Thiago's blog some time ago).

Andreas

--
You will get what you deserve.