PolicyKit + KDE

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Sep 4 13:36:28 BST 2009

Em Sexta-feira 04 Setembro 2009, às 13:02:58, você escreveu:
> On Wednesday, 2009-09-02, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> > > If that would be the case, why is it restricted to one specific
> > > priviledged prefix, not also allowing e.g. /usr/local
> >
> > It may read those locations too.
>
> That's OK then. The original explaination (or rather excuse) seemed to
>  suggest it was articifially limited to one specific system wide
>  installation directory.

I said may. I didn't say it does. I did not verify.

If you see Dario's email from yesterday, he's asking the PolicyKit developers
to allow that.

> I just pointed out that there are several priviledged-users-only
>  directories commonly used for software installation, especially in the
>  case of locally building software.
> A component artificially restricting its search paths to a single one of
>  them is either broken or has not been intended to be used on a Unix like
>  system.

Agreed. Artificial limitations shouldn't be there.

But don't assume that a perceived limitation is artificial. There may be
technical limitations (I don't think there are in this case, though).

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Qt Developer Days 2009 | Registration Now Open!
Munich, Germany: Oct 12 - 14     San Francisco, California: Nov 2 - 4
      http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2009