PolicyKit + KDE

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Sep 2 18:22:25 BST 2009

Em Quarta-feira 02 Setembro 2009, às 11:09:18, você escreveu:
> On Wednesday, 2009-09-02, Dario Freddi wrote:
> > On Wednesday 02 September 2009 12:16:07 am Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > So basically this means nobody except Gentoo people can build from
> > > sources as installing stuff in /usr/ will break packaging systems. IMHO
> > > thats not acceptable at all. PolicyKit _has_ to have a way of letting
> > > it load stuff from other places, if it doesn't its simply broken and we
> > > shouldn't use it at all.
> >
> > PolicyKit is not broken, it's simply that installing and validate files
> > that actually set your policies for root stuff in a location editable by
> > a standard user woul make it broken for real.
>
> If that would be the case, why is it restricted to one specific priviledged
> prefix, not also allowing e.g. /usr/local

It may read those locations too.

But the point is that those locations are *still* outside the prefix. KDE
should not install stuff outside its prefix by default.

I install KDE with "make install" as a user. I don't want to run "sudo make
install" because my prefix is inside $HOME.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Qt Developer Days 2009 | Registration Now Open!
Munich, Germany: Oct 12 - 14     San Francisco, California: Nov 2 - 4
      http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2009