PolicyKit + KDE

Nicola Gigante gigabytes at me.com
Wed Sep 2 04:26:55 BST 2009

Il giorno 02/set/2009, alle ore 02.14, Christoph Feck <christoph at maxiom.de
 > ha scritto:

> Sounds reasonable, but why does it have to install anything there at
> all? If
> not policies file is found, it should default to something safe. And
> users
> who know the root password can change them later.
>
> Christoph Feck (kdepepo)

It's actually what it does. The safe default is simply "don't allow
anything". Sure, who know the root pwd can edit files after the
installation, but do you really want to edit 20 policyfiles by hand
just to make kde work?
We need to install files because we want the developer to hint such
defaults.
The problem is not policykit, the problem are paths. There should be a
way to tell policykit to search in another path, too. But it's not
only PK, note that we also have to install dbus files as well. So,
instead of printing a warning, we should print an hint on how to
modify those search paths.