Fwd: Qalculate plasmoid moved to kdereview

Matteo Agostinelli agostinelli at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 15:09:55 BST 2009

Hello list,

I am forwarding this message here because I have been told that I sent it to
the wrong list, sorry for that.

Best regards,
Matteo

Subject: Qalculate plasmoid moved to kdereview
Date: Monday 31 August 2009
From: Matteo Agostinelli <agostinelli at gmail.com>
To: plasma-devel at kde.org

Hello list,

first of all a disclaimer: this is my first contribution to KDE, so
bear with me if I made any mistakes. I moved my Qalculate! plasmoid to
kdereview aiming for an inclusion in kdeplasma-addons.

Basically it is an extension of the existing calculator plasmoid,
using the quite powerful Qalculate! library
(http://qalculate.sourceforge.net/reference). Among the benefits:
- unit conversion
- symbolic expression evaluation
- basic matrix and vector operations

Since I am not an experienced KDE developer (nor a C++ guru, although
I have some experience) I would really appreciate some feedback, to
improve the quality of the applet and the code. Should I also post a
review request on http://reviewboard.kde.org?

Best regards,
Matteo