KDE is not an OS platform... (And neither is Gnome)

Benoit Jacob jacob.benoit.1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 11:40:25 GMT 2009

ah and one more thing.

I can sense responses about "the kernel's VFS doesn't support this or
that important feature" coming soon ;) As in this blog post about GVFS
and FUSE (which also shows that, predictibly, people already had the
same idea that i was proposing):
http://blog.fubar.dk/?p=104

The answer is that, if really current kernels lack a particular
feature, then that's a perfect occasion to go talk to kernel devs!
Don't I seem to remember that recently (at GCDS?) one of them asked
you guys if you had feature requests? And as I said in previous
e-mail, on OSes where we can't communicate with kernel devs, just keep
the statu quo.

ok now i'm really getting back to stuff where i can be useful : that's
NOT that ;)
Benoit