kdewebkit moved to kdereview

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Oct 27 18:42:22 GMT 2009

On October 26, 2009, Urs Wolfer wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:15:33 +0100, Allan Sandfeld Jensen
>
> <kde at carewolf.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday 25 October 2009, Urs Wolfer wrote:
> >> I have just moved the kdewebkit lib from
> >>  playground/libs/webkitkde/kdewebkit into kdereview. It's the KDE
> >>  integration part of QtWebKit which is used directly in many apps and
> >>  libs
> >>  already (...which does *not* include the WebKit KPart). Any KDE app is
> >>  supposed to move to this integration lib when it is in kdelibs (plans
> >>  are
> >>  to move it to kdelibs/kdewebkit).
> >
> > Where does webkit kpart go? I always assumed kdewebkit would move to
> > kdesupport and the webkitpart to extragear/libs.
>
> For the moment it will stay in playground. Only kdewebkit has been moved
> kdereview.
>
> The KPart is not feature complete yet; KWallet integration is missing for
> example.

does this mean kwallet support is going into the KPart rather than KWebPage?
if so, then that will mean reimplementing KWallet support for every app that
doesn't use the KPart, let alone KWebView.

i ask because there is now a QGraphicsWebView included with QtWebkit which
Plasma eventually will be using instead of our own QWebPage-behind-a-
QGraphicsWidget implementation that we currently use; being able to set the
KWebPage on a QGraphicsWebView and get everything, including KWallet
integration, would be optimal.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se