kdewebkit moved to kdereview

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Tue Oct 27 05:48:56 GMT 2009

On Monday 26 October 2009 16:39:23 Lukas Appelhans wrote:
> > > KWebPage::downloadRequest
> > > - Shouldn't this call to kget over dcop?
> >
> > Yes and that is on the TODO list. This code was lifted out of khtml ; so
> > it probably needs to be fixed there as well...
>
> Well as KGet lies in KDENetwork noone guarantees that it is installed... in
> the Webkit-Part is already a tweak on calling a download manager like
>  KGet...

You are correct. It is sad that I completely forgot about that code eventhough
I was the one that moved the kget integration from kdewebkit to the webkit
part. Doh!

Anyhow, the kget integration is application specific and does not belong in
this class. For example, in the webkitpart we read konqueror's configuration
file to determine whether kget integration is enabled. Doing that here in this
class would not be appropriate because we want to provide a KDE integration
not a single KDE application specific integration...