kdewebkit moved to kdereview

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Mon Oct 26 22:40:38 GMT 2009

On Oct 26, 2009, at 6:33 PM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> A Dilluns, 26 d'octubre de 2009, Chani va escriure:

>>> No i can't my religion doesn't allow me to develop for
>>> corporations for
>>> free.
>>
>> assuming you're writing any code for kde, you're already writing
>> code for
>> canonical, novell, etc. for free.
>
> Not it's not the same writing Free Software than can be used by
> anyone than
> writing software that goes into Qt that requires you to give a
> license to do
> whatever Nokia wants with it. I though everyone could see the
> difference.
>
> Albert

That might be the case for QPrinter, but not the case for QtWebKit.
QtWebKit is hosted in the WebKit svn repository and patches go there,
Qt simply takes snapshots to go in Qt releases and the QtWebKit code
can be found in the 3rd party directory of Qt.  In fact if you try to
submit a patch to QtWebKit through Qt you will probably be asked to
use bugs.webkit.org.

-Benjamin Meyer