kdewebkit moved to kdereview

Alexis Ménard menard at kde.org
Sun Oct 25 20:39:06 GMT 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> A Diumenge, 25 d'octubre de 2009, Albert Astals Cid va escriure:
> > A Diumenge, 25 d'octubre de 2009, Urs Wolfer va escriure:
> and
> KDE
> kdelibs

> in
> do

> > > Many distributions create packages for the WebKit KPart. That's why I
> do
> > >  not want to depenend on kdelibs trunk and kdereview parts. It would
> only
> > >  introduce additional complexity.
> >
> > That's not what i asked, what i asked is why this code should go to
> >  kdelibs, what does it give over the technologies we already have there?
>
> Ok, let me say it in different words for it to be clear since some people
> do
> not want to understand.
>
> kdelibs has KHTML, we don't need webkit at all.

Yes it has and? I mean if we have something that works better why not
pushing it?

That is your point of view, let's wait others.

> The problem is that Nokians agenda is kill KHTML in favor of QtWebkit.

lol, what gives you this impression? Where have you read this? I think you
have to stop to be paranoiac (Nokia don't control and don't want to control
KDE).

I would rather say that many KDE people are pushing for Webkit, like the
Silk project (No relation at all with Nokia).

Have you been to this discussion in Gran Canaria where Konqueror/KHTML
people were talking about Webkit? There was trolls in that group just to
answer questions and help them with Webkit not to say : "switch to webkit".

> I only want to remind you the fiasco (Can't print in okular. can't do
> poster
> printing. why i can't print only odd pages?) of the killing of KDEPrint by
> forcing QPrinter on us that never got fixed and we are still suffering the
> consequences by asking us to rewrite what we already had working.

This is completely different. It's unfortunate but if Nokia don't fix fast
enough or don't bring features fast enough, they have an open repository
where you can add what you would have done in KDEPrint.

Albert