kdewebkit moved to kdereview

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at kde.org
Sun Oct 25 21:40:47 GMT 2009

On Sunday 25 October 2009 22:05:08 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Sunday 25 October 2009 20:02:51 Urs Wolfer wrote:
> > I have just moved the kdewebkit lib from
> >  playground/libs/webkitkde/kdewebkit  into kdereview. It's the KDE
> >  integration part of QtWebKit which is used directly in many apps and
> > libs already (...which does not include the WebKit KPart). Any KDE app is
> > supposed to move to this integration lib when it is in kdelibs (plans are
> > to move it to kdelibs/kdewebkit).
>
> Could you briefly explain what features this brings? That might make it
>  easier for people to understand why it's needed ...

Sure. The main point is for sure the integration of KIO. Without kdewebkit,
any app which is using QWeb* classes does network interactions without KDE
technologies. Other points are for example:
* using KDE icons in context menu
* using KDE plugins (for example nsplugins flash)
* KDE dialogs for javascript dialogs (alert, file picker, ..)

Bye
urs