xmlgui, DefineGroup vs. MergeLocal

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Oct 22 17:19:09 BST 2009

On 22.10.09 17:52:49, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 18 October 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > So should I go around and add a group for each MergeLocal using *_group?
>
> Yep, I like the idea.
> I just hope we don't mess things up for apps that were already defining
> groups with such a name though....

I was planning to do a test with kdevelop having the same group in two
different places (and in the same place) before doing the change.

> > One thing I did notice though: Katepartui.rc has this:
> >
> > <Action name="edit_find" group="edit_find_merge" />
> >
> > Isn't this superflous as edit_find is already defined in
> > ui_standards.rc?
>
> It uses noMerge="1" so ui_standards.rc doesn't apply there.

This stuff makes my head dizzy :) But is that intended? i.e. is it a normal
case for a plugin to not use the actions from ui_standards? Or might that
just be because they couldn't easily define where exactly the action ends
up?

Andreas

--
You have been selected for a secret mission.