KFilePlacesModel/View question

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Oct 19 22:48:20 BST 2009

On October 18, 2009, nf2 wrote:
> I'm wondering whether the device related code in KFilePlacesModel
> could be internalized a bit. So that the classes using it don't have
> to deal with devices directly (like kfilplacesview.cpp,
> systemmodel.cpp, placesengine.cpp, placesrunner.cpp). That way we
> could more easily plug a different model, for instance when running
> KDE apps outside KDE.

parse error. you mean "outside of the KDE Workspace". yes, i'm going to start
correcting everyone when they say this because it causes no end of confusion
for those us working on the workspace as well as those working on apps that
don't rely on the workspace.

iow, everyone who isn't working on libs ;)

as for the original issue, why couldn't all the models provide Solid::Devices?
or even better, why wouldn't this simply rely on different Solid backends?

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se