Version mismatch when building trunk

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Oct 17 17:50:00 BST 2009

On Saturday, 2009-10-17, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 17.10.09 18:03:31, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > >
> > > Right. You'll do a 170 MB transfer when a 0 MB transfer is enough.
> > >
> > > How is that acceptable?
> >
> > I didn't claim that it is perfect, but it beats rebuilding Qt and
> > kdesupport twice because updating Qt did not actually update it.
>
> I think Thiago's point is that you're causing traffic needlessly for
> gitorious. So you're basically punishing gitorious  because you're
> unable to remember reading the announcement lists and switching the
> branch when you want to switch the branch.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it punishment, since I am actually only using
one feature of their service which always works as expected instead of using
one which sometimes works as expected.

As I wrote in my reply to Thiago, I'll re-evalute possible solutions the next
time this problem comes up.
Maybe I'll go for the ideal solution, use devel and debug symbol packages and
just suspend KDE development during the short periods when this is impossible.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring