Version mismatch when building trunk

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 16 22:24:35 BST 2009

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Well, git-challenged can be easily cured. In fact for keeping track of
> kde-qt you need exactly two very easy to learn commands: git branch and
> git pull. The first one to select the right branch and the latter to
> keep that branch up-to-date.

I think you mean 'git checkout'; 'git branch' *creates* branches, it
does not switch between branches.

...and that's still more than we needed with svn.

My update script doesn't like git repos without a 'master' branch, so I
set up one (locally). Now, is there a way to say that this should track
some "latest" branch upstream so that 'git pull --rebase' will rebase
master less its old upstream onto the new "latest" flavor from upstream?
If yes, that would solve this problem...

--
Matthew
In the GNU/Linux world there are two major text editing programs: the