Version mismatch when building trunk

Gary Greene ggreene at minervanetworks.com
Thu Oct 15 22:30:06 BST 2009

On 10/15/09 1:50 PM, "Thiago Macieira" <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> Em Quinta-feira 15. Outubro 2009, às 21.27.52, Gary Greene escreveu:
>> I very much agree with this view, as I am writing a continuous build system
>> and would prefer not to have to monkey with the description files for a
>> dependency to the build all that often as it's supposed to be "setup once,
>> continually build after that" with as little *manual* intervention as
>> possible.
>
> Then build KDE's trunk with Qt's master. Problem solved.
>
> New problems arise.

Problem is NOT solved, Thiago.

While I know that Qt Development wants us to move to the upstream version
instead, it is still recommended to build and run the patched tree for KDE
instead of the upstream due to patches that have yet to or plain will NOT be
accepted. This point was raised a week or three back on this very issue.

Until we've officially moved to only using the upstream tree, I cannot view
this as a solution for software such as what I'm writing. :(

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
IT Operations